Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Jobert is not dead

It was apparently only 4 years ago when a handful of people breathed life into Jobert: an average not so special young man who was burdened with the very special task of saving the world. Throughout his adventures, he would find himself battling against the most fearsome of foes: including robots, alien invaders, and genetically enhanced monsters. But none of these horrible villains could compare to Jobert's greatest adversaries: a modest budget, and lack of manpower.

With only 20 hard working animators slaving on this project, Jobert's debut was delayed indefinitely, and the voice cast moved on with their lives.

4 years had passed. To me, it actually felt like 10. I had even been mistakenly telling people it was 10. I would go, "Yeah, I did some writing, voice dubbing work before. It was 10 years ago. But there were production problems and the project died.". Oh ye of little faith.

And little faith I had indeed. Little faith in Jobert, a character that I had a hand in creating. I had underestimated him.

You could imagine my surprise when I received a message from Edith, the head animator's wife telling me that they needed me to to dub for Jobert because some of the dialog was lost. I was like, "Dub for Jobert?! Didn't he die 10 years ago?!"

No, Jobert lived. And to this day, he continues to struggle so that his story might be told. And I will not lose faith in him again so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment